Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2012 02:31:49 +0400
From:      li cheng <2ohohoho@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Request for help: how do teach module building about kernel options?

Hi,

I need a bit of a hand with this.

I'd like to be able to make the wlan and ath modules aware of kernel
configuration options.

For example, a kernel configuration with IEEE80211_SUPPORT_TDMA won't
build a wlan module that'll run successfully, as wlan/Makefile doesn't
know to suck in ieee80211_tdma.c . I could just wrap the whole file up
in an #ifdef, but I'd like to try and instead only build / link that
object in if it's needed.

Similarly, the ath module currently builds everything, regardless of
what options are currently enabled in the kernel configuration file.
So it'll always build ar5210, ar5211, ar5212, ar5416, ar9001, ar9002
support, along with ath_rate_sample. Instead, I'd like to be able to
specify which HAL objects to link in, much like how you can do this
with "device ath_rfX" for the RF backends and "device ath_arX" for the
chipset support. For the integrated SoC stuff, it'd be nice to only
build a HAL which supports the relevant hardware, rather than having
to suck it _all_ in.

So, what kinds of evil ways can people dream up to achieve this? :)
--=20
=F3 =D5=D7=C1=D6=C5=CE=C9=C5=CD
=ED=C9=C8=C1=C9=CC
=F0=CF=C9=D3=CB =D4=CF=D7=C1=D2=CF=D7 <http://vigs.ru>;