Date:      Thu, 01 Nov 2001 17:03:40 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Pat Trainor <ptrainor@title14.com>
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940 Pro Ultra SCSI BRKADRINT

>	BUT, this only happens after 2 minutes of a tape backup, at
>almostthe same exact place in the backup each time. I thought it was
>tapes, nope.
>	Precisely:
>
>Kernel panic: aic7xxx: unrecoverabl BRKADRINT
>In interupt handler - not syncing

The new driver should tell you the type of BRKADRINT.  That is
critical to determining the problem.

If I had to make a guess with the limited amount of info you've
provided, I'd say that Linux or your BIOS has setup your chipset
in some funky way that prevents the driver from controling the
SCSI controller correctly.  What kind of machine is this?

--
Justin