Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 05:24:46 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        darnison@albury.net.au (Don Arnison), freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Backing Up FreeBSD

In article <199610102209.IAA05309@orac.albury.net.au> you wrote:
: Hello There,

 Gday!

: I have FreeBSD installed in a partition of my 1Gb IDE drive. I also have
: W'95 and DOS 6.22 installed in other partitions of the same drive. I back up
: the Dos partitions using Microsolutions Backpack 800TD, and I would like to
: do the same with my FreeBSD partition.

: Is there a device driver I could load which would identify FreeBSD to DOS
: and/or Windows 95?

 Nope.

: Alternatively, since FreeBSD knows about the two dos partitions, is there a
: driver for the Backpack unit which runs under FreeBSD?

 Plugs into parellel port variety?  Nope.

: Looking forward to your reply.

 If you can locate the tape backup unit on a win/win95/dos machine
 other than the one your run FreeBSD on you could mount your freebsd
 partitions with "samba" or something and back 'em up that way.

 If you can find drivers for this for Linux or NetBSD etc  I'll have a look
 at porting it. (no promises)

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds