Date:      Sun, 05 Jul 1998 21:25:47 +0100
From:      roncomer@dial.pipex.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems installing FreeBSD 2.2.5

Hi,

A while ago I purchased the Walnut Creek 4 CD set of FreeBSD rel 2.2.5. I
am now trying to install this on a 486 with 20Mb RAM and a 1Gb HDD.

I have formatted the HDD and then loaded MS-DOS 6.22. I have created a BSD
boot floppy and an trying to install from that.

At the end of every installation attempt, when I boot the PC, I get the
following messages:

"Can't find file boot.config"
"Can't find file boot.help"
and
"Can't find kernel"

I have deliberately kept this email short - rather than bombard you with
details of every key I pressed during the install, I'm hoping that the 3
error messages above will suggest something, as they seem pretty
fundamental errors!

I'd be grateful for any advice you can provide. Incidentally, I have
checked out various BSD web sites and newsgroups, but none seemed to deal
with these error messages - not as they relate to my problem anyway.

Regards,
Ron Comer