Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 22:16:21 -0500 (CDT)
From:      slugs@realradiomail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I hate the promise ultra ata/66

  Hey, I am having installation problems with FreeBSD 3.2. I know that the
promise Ultra ATA/66 is supported by the kernel but I can not figure out how
to get the kernel to recognize it. I have tried to set the wdc0 settings to
the actual IO and IRQ of the device and this didn't work. Then I just
disabled all the wdc0 options and hoped that the PCI section of the kernel
would automatically detect it, no luck. I am stuck. I used to run linux and
all I had to do to get the linux kernel to recognize the device would be to pass
"ide=0x1440,0x1016" on the boot prompt. Is there anything like this for the
FreeBSD kernel? Sorry if I am doing something obviously wrong, but I am new
to BSD. Thanks.

-chris rosado

Real Radio 104.1
http://www.wtks.com