Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 1996 17:26:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, dyson@FreeBSD.org, chat@FreeBSD.org, jmb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SOFTWARE: Common Desktop Environment (CDE) for FreeBSD

On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > X-inside does not sell CDE for Motif 2.0 :(
> >
> > 	Amancio
>
> They tell me that Motif comes *with* the CDE they're currently shipping
> as a FreeBSD product.

Yes, but CDE is based on Motif 1.2 *not* 2.0, which effectively
killed off any migration to 2.0 for the big names in Unix.  I'm
not exactly sure the magnitude of difference between 2.0 and
1.2+CDE.  I do know that the 1.2+CDE has the spinbox and combobox
widgets from 2.0.

X-Inside's CDE apparently includes the standard 1.2 development
stuff (includes, libraries, uil compiler, man pages).  I suppose
you could get 1.2 to co-habitate with 2.0, but it might be
tricky.

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================