Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:45:41 -0800
From:      Justin Hopper <jhopper@bsdhosting.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MySQL and 32-bit

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 10:12, Markus Schanovsky wrote:
> Hello!
> Is there any chance to install a MySQL-32-bit-version on FreeBSD-AMD64?
> The 32-emulation works very fine on Windows XP (the hole OS  runs as an
> emulation :-))

There has been talk on this list of a 32-bit emulator for freebsd-amd64,
so I assume a 32-bit version of MySQL could be run through that.

So there is a 64-bit version of the MySQL server for Linux, but not for
FreeBSD yet.  Has anyone tried compiling the MySQL server from source on
freebsd-amd64 to get a native 64-bit version?  My dual Opteron box has
not arrived yet, so I don't have any way to test such a thing, but am
VERY curious what a production environment is to do about MySQL server
on freebsd-amd64?

--
Justin Hopper  <jhopper@bsdhosting.net>
UNIX Systems Engineer