Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 16:05:26 +0100
From:      Phil Duffen <phil@pavilion.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Docbook and postscript

Hi Folks,

I have been trying to get to grips with sgml and specifically docbook.  If I
issue the following command ,

sgmlfmt -d docbook -f ps at1.docb

the following error is produced.

Error: Could not locate specified transfile

When I issue the following command:

sgmlfmt -d docbook -f html at1.docb

The expected html source file is produced.

The following file I believe to be one required one for sgml -> html conversion.

/usr/share/sgml/transpec/docbook-html.ts

My question is :

 Where can I find the necessary files that will enable me to produce .ps files
 from .docb input files.

In my /usr/share/sgml/docbook/ directory I have the following files:

cals-tbl.dtd    dbhier.mod      docbook.dcl
dbgenent.mod    dbpool.mod      docbook.dtd

And in /usr/share/sgml/transpec/ the following files can be found:

docbook-html.ts         linuxdoc-html.ts        roff.sdata
html.cmap               linuxdoc-roff.ts        transpec.dtd
html.sdata              roff.cmap

All this is run under FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE.

and the DOCTYPE declaration is as follows,

<!DOCTYPE BOOK PUBLIC "-//Davenport//DTD DocBook V3.0//EN"

Regards

Phil
                    P h i l   D u f f e n
               S y s t e m s      M a n a g e r
        P a v i l i o n       I n t e r n e t       p l c
        aqua house    24 old steine    brighton   bn1 1el
        t e l  +44 1273 607072     f a x  +44 1273 607073
               e - m a i l  phil@pavilion.net