Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 13:21:10 -0600
From:      Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PNP Soundcards w/ diskless booting.

I'm using /usr/ports/net/etherboot, to boot diskless workstations.
Everything is working quite well.

Now some of the stations need sound, and there are an abundancy of pnp
soundcards that workfine, but with the network boot I'm immediately in the
kernel, no cli to config the PNP.

Now if I include the INTRO_USERCONFIG, of course I get the cli but because
/boot doesn't exist I can't save the info, and adds un-neccesary complication
to machines that doen't need it.

Any thoughts.......

--
Email: skafte@worldgate.com	  Voice: +780 413 1910	  Fax: +780 421 4929
   #575 Sun Life Place * 10123 99 Street * Edmonton, AB * Canada * T5J 3H1
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest
thing in the world; it's preventing one that's complex.       (Janet Morris)