Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:39:39 -0800
From:      Don Wilde <Don@PartsNow.com>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Receive time on email messages

We use Netscape mail for a simplistic Windows intf to our POP3 on
FreeBSD. Not only that, but the TCP/IP stack is on the Novell server,
and the PC's run IPX. Not only THAT, but I use the TIS fwtk smap daemon.
	NS 3.01 doesn't break any file attachments, no matter HOW big. Our
limit is the fact that smap queues the mail and then the mailq does
again, so you effectively need 2x the space. Our company LIVES on files,
we take 3D CAD and turn it into molds for metal parts. Most of our
customers are polite enough to use ftp, but you can't turn down a job
just because somebody's firewall is not set up for ftp. I have had 80MB
files go through unscathed. (side note: I have had just as many bounced
because ISP's or servers are unwilling to allocate queue for large
files)
	Oh, yes... back to the original thread, the receive time is correct :-)
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *