Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 1999 12:00:38 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Colin <cwass99@home.com>
Cc:        "jkh@freebsd.org" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG, Jason Young <doogie@staff.accessus.net>
Subject:   Re: After 3.4 finally goes out the door

>      I'm in for a longer adventure, but I'm not sure 30 days is workable.

Well, 30 days is workable if it's a real freeze, and that was
something I also forgot to mention in my previous missive - we'd be
going to a *real* freeze structure, not the half tongue-in-cheek "code
slushes" I've been calling lately.  A code slush might be appropriate
for -current pending a dot-zero release, that much I can see, but
anything less than a hard freeze for -stable pending a release just
isn't going to fly in the future.  In my eagerness to get rid of a
really annoying and long-standing problem, I also broke too many of my
own rules for last-minute tweaking with sysinstall in 3.4 and I don't
intend to make that mistake again.

- Jordan