Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 19:34:50 -0500
From:      Adam McDougall <bsdx@spawnet.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AudioPCI es1370 driver

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> > I have a shuttle brand audiopci, it has the es1370 chip on it, and it
>
> exactly the same as mine.
>
> > works with OSS (although they arent supporting the mixer or something
> > and I dont want to pay for a broken product)
> >
> > catting a .au to /dev/audio1 returns immediately with no sound,
>
> well, the driver defaults all volume levels to zero :)
> use the "mixer" command to change them to something more appropriate.

Ermm wish I thought of that :)  /dev/audio works.
But at the end of the sound it seems to play a short blurp of part of
the current or previous sound after the correct one stops playing. odd,
but acceptable for now...

> > When I try to use mpg123, it does as follows:
> > High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2 and 3.
> > Playing MPEG stream from Gershwin-American_in_Paris.mp3 ...
> > MPEG 1.0 layer III, 128 kbit/s, 44100 Hz joint-stereo
> > Can't reset audio!
>
> this is strange, it works for me. Are you sure you have the right
> symlinks in place (/dev/dsp -> /dev/dsp1 etc.)
>
>         luigi

I think MAKEDEV made them correctly, it looks like this:
amethyst:/dev % ls -l dsp
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  4 Jan 23 20:04 dsp -> dsp1
amethyst:/dev % ls -l dsp1
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel   30,  19 Jan 24 13:50 dsp1

Does this chip/card/driver support bass/treble control?  I didnt see the
option for either in kmix or mixer.  Thanks