Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 23:39:28 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        avalon@advicom.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hardware Support Issue

Debbie Pelletier writes:
[snip]
>   Interestingly enough, I was assisted by the Technical Support Staff
>at Alpha Telecom (I live in the same town), and after a bit of
>discussion, they expressed an interest in solidifying unix support for
>their products (ISDN terminal adapters and routers, mostly)--as I was
>the first client who has ever gotten anything of their to work under
>unix (nobody has ever tried before, I'm told). But there does not appear
>to be an ISDN development group to become a part of, and I have no idea
>who to talk to about starting one myself.
[snip]
>   It seems a shame to waste a potentially valuable resource like Alpha
>Telecomm--its part of a multi-national consortium of large electronics
>firms (like PanVest, Fuakowa and Mitsumi aka Panasonic). They are also
>about to OEM the UTA120 to BlackBox, and it is likely we will see more
>of their TA's in the near future.
[more snip]

actually, I exchanged mail with Julius Miller from Alpha Telecom some time
ago after he sent a mail to one of the FreeBSD mail lists.

I pointed out to him that all the active ISDN development is happening in
Europe and told that I'd be more than happy to work with him and Alpha
Telecom in the future, but couldn't guarantee that any work done here
would also be useful in North America.

He sent me a nice thank you and since then I haven't heard anything.

So, one can hardly claim that this resource is being wasted, although
this mail exchange wasn't exactly public.

We (the active ISDN developers) would be more than happy to finally have
someone in North America in the group. If you're really interested then
join the freebsd-isdn mail list and send a message to that effect.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de
Work - garyj@fkr.dec.com