Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:11:51 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Brett Cates <bcates513@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports Question

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 03:18:16PM -0500, Brett Cates wrote:

> I just used CVSUP to update my ports collection and installed Samba.  The
> problem is that when I updated, the version of Samba in the ports is now
> 2.2.6 Pre1 instead of 2.2.5_3 like it is supposed to be.  Is there a way I
> can use CVSUP to roll back the Samba port to sometime last week when it had
> 2.2.5_3?  2.2.6 is a pre-release and is not working correctly for me.

You can use cvsup(1) to grab an image of the ports tree at a
particular date.  This supfile will grab the ports tree from just
before the samba-2.2.5 to samba-2.2.6 update went in, which happened
at Fri Aug 9 15:18:59 2002 UTC
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/net/samba/Makefile)

    *default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
    *default base=/usr
    *default prefix=/usr
    *default release=cvs tag=. date=2002.08.09.15.00.00
    *default delete use-rel-suffix
    *default compress
    ports-all

(Substitute your local cvsup server for cvsup2, of course)

The date format is explained in the cvsup(1) man page, but it should
be noted that GMT is used, rather than any local timezone.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK