Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 1997 03:41:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec 1502AE and SCSI Scanner?

Hey all,

I just picked up a Microtek Scanmaker E3.

After a bit of wrestling, I think I've settled my IRQ problems, and have
it up and running under Windows 95.

Under FreeBSD, though, I'm having some problems running it on the SCSI
card it comes with (Adaptec 1502AE).

The card is detected as an aic0 card, and with the patch to eliminate
multiple detections of devices, I can get it up and turn on debugging.

However, when I try to scan, I get a panic.

	uk0(aic0:6:0): about to  sleep
	aic at line 2308: unexpected busfree phase
	Debugger("aic6360") called.
	panic for historical reasons

I think I have correctly captured the previous scsi command as

	4 0 9 0 8 0

but I don't know what to look for.

The other thing is a list of numbers like:

000:   08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ab d4 5c bf ef f7

Is there something else I should be running here?  Anything else to help
out with debugging?

On a side note, if it does turn out that this won't work, does anyone have
any information on the Adaptec 2902 or cheap NCR 8xx cards with an
external connector?  Since I'm not real fond of ISA, I'm thinking of just
going and plunking down some $ for a PCI card and hooking it up with that.

Thanks.

bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/