Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:04:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fwd: Amaya 1.1a Source Release available

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> BTW: one suggestion ... Amaya can be build with and without
> kaffe/jdk. It would be great to make one port with a switch
> JAVA -> YES or NO ...

It _would_ be good to have real Java on the distribution first. Kaffe
could use the libraries that come with JRE, but I haven't seen volunteers
for a real port lately :(.
Last time I saw we had to choose between Java and plugins (both at the
same time caused problems). Are there any freely redistributable plugins
for FreeBSD?

	Pedro.