Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 2020 20:13:52 -0400
From:      Yoshihiro Ota <ota@j.email.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Integration Test, Unit Test, and head/tests in FreeBSD

Hi Hackers,

How are FreeBSD unit tests, integration test, and CI pipe lines are connected?

I found some documents from "man tests", tests/README, and few others.

I also wasn't clear how unit tests and integration tests are organized in the tree well. Are all integration tests in shell script, for example?

For example, I want to make a change to ggated/ggatec under sbin/ggate and would like to couple with unit tests.  Will I create sbin/ggate/tests or sbin/ggate/ggated/tests and sbin/ggate/ggatec/tests or all of these 3 directories based on APIs?

Where should I put it and how do I set up so that review/phab can verify as well?

Thanks,
Hiro