Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:04:43 EST
From:      Hetzels <Hetzels@aol.com>
To:        dan@dpcsys.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help! No route to host

In a message dated 97-12-10 13:50:47 EST, dan@dpcsys.com writes:

> > The interface config line for "mail" is:
>  >
>  > ifconfig_fxp0="inet 10.0.0.2 netmask 0xffffff00"
>
>  As long as you have fxp0 listed in network_interfaces, and the
>  kernel detected fxp0, you should be working.
>
>  What do netstat -rn and dmesg look like.

Well netstat -r showed that it didn't have a gateway, (they were trying to use
the multicast address 224 to connect), after I added a gateway every thing
came up.  Also 1 computer had an invalid resolv.conf file that caused "routed"
and "sendmail" to pause.  Moved it to a different name and the computer booted
fine and connected to the others.

Thanks for the help

Scot