Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 01:06:19 +0200
From:      Dirk Froemberg <dirk@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/10896

Hi Jason!

On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 03:16:30PM -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 dirk@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> >Synopsis: ghostview should use newer libpng
> >
> >State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> >State-Changed-By: dirk
> >State-Changed-When: Thu Apr 1 02:14:00 PST 1999
> >State-Changed-Why:
> >ghostview doesn't use or need png.                                              And ghostscript has the correct dependency for png.
> >
> >Recompiling ghostscript will help the originator.
>
> But it was ghostview that gave me the error message!! :)

ghostview is just an frontend for ghostscript. All postscript
rendering is done by ghostscript. So if you start ghostview
and open a document ghostview starts ghostscript to display it.
So it seems that ghostview produces the error message while it's
ghostscript actually. Use ldd(1) to see which shared libraries are
used by /usr/X11R6/bin/ghostview and /usr/local/bin/gs.

	Regards Dirk

--
e-mail: dirk@FreeBSD.ORG