Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 08:05:37 -0500
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        "Darren Reed" <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPFilter licence update

While meaning no disrespect to Darren with this followup.  What good does  a
signed memorandum with FreeBSD do if I decide at some point (which I won't)
to take the FreeBSD source and branch it into my own variant?  This is how
the various BSDs came about in the first place.  It does seem rather
restrictive of a license for the FreeBSD core system.  Why can't this be
released under the BSD license?  At least the code in the FreeBSD system.
Perhaps we need a warning in the GENERIC and LINT files about this, in much
the same way "softupdates" was labeled.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net