Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 15:47:24 -0600
From:      Terry Todd <tlt@badger.tltodd.com>
To:        Kent Boortz <kent@erix.ericsson.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sound blaster PCI128

On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 09:20:20PM +0100, Kent Boortz wrote:

> alex@neptun.big-blue.net (Alex V P) writes:
> > I have 1370 and tryed everything, but guess what, it wont work :(
> > i have 4.0 and 3.2 boxes , no luck at all :(
> > /dev/sndstat is correct and mixer up. i have no clue what might be wrong
> > any other ideas?

They changed the place you would normally plug your speakers into.
On the old SB cards the speaker jack was right next to the db15
game port jack.  On the PCI128 they moved the speaker jack to two
away from the db15 jack.  Also by default the internal amplifier
is turned off.  To get anything out of non-amplified speakers you
have to change the jumpers right behind the speaker jack from the
lower position to the upper position.  It's in the fine print on
the last page of the manual.

Terry Todd