Date:      Sun, 02 May 1999 22:57:12 -0700
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        media@mail1.nai.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mounting primary DOS partition

At 11:01 PM 5/2/99 -0400, media@mail1.nai.net wrote:
>When I'm in the FreeBSD installer, and choose to mount my primary DOS
>partition,  it asks for a name (it asks me to enter a number followed by a
>"/").
>
>Which number should I choose??

I don't offhand recall that prompt... the primary DOS partition is usually
called wd0s1 (if you're using IDE drives, and sd0s1 if you're using SCSI).
If it's asking where distribution is, you obviously picked the right number
last time  :)

>Since I have 3.1-RELEASE more or less up and running, which command will
>prove I can access my DOS partition from FreeBSD??

cd /mnt
mkdir DOS
mount -t msdos /dev/wd0s1 DOS
cd DOS

you can play around with it like a normal FreeBSD drive.

	 Charon@freethought.org
http://members.home.net/tuathadedanann/

  "Doubt is not a pleasant condition,
       but certainty is absurd."