Date:      Fri, 20 May 2011 11:38:32 +0200
From:      Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where to define HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=fr-fr ???

On 05/20/2011 11:27 AM, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:23:00AM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
>> How and WHERE to define this variable in apache22 configuration ???
>> I need the web server to understand French characters in filenames
> I haven't worked with this before, but what does "need the webserver to
> understand French characters in filenames" mean exactly?  More details
> are needed, particularly technical ones.  How is Apache "not working"
> with French characters in filenames?

Apache is working BUT if a filename contains a "french" character
I get a 404 error from apache ( file not found)

here is such error message

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [20/May/2011:10:55:06 +0200] "GET=20
/cv/ESIEE_ENGINEERING/CV_electronique/11_EE_APP_FE_CV_CISSE_Kaliss%C3%A9.=
docx=20
HTTP/1.1" 404 1221

in fact the file do exists

-rw-r--r--  1 www-data  www-data    15494 20 mai 03:00=20
11_EE_APP_FE_CV_CISSE_Kaliss?.docx
                                                                         =
                                                                 ^^^^^
                                                                         =
                                                          here is the pro=
blem

> HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE is an environment variable, and therefore you
> should probably look at the mod_env module (comes with Apache), but I
> make no promises that it will solve your problem (because more technica=
> details are needed).
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_env.html
>
> Alternately, given your need for multi-language support, I would
> strongly recommend learning about mod_negotiation and MultiViews.  Read
> both documents:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_negotiation.html
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/content-negotiation.html

--=20

Frank BONNET

01.45.92.66.17

Service des Moyens Informatiques Generaux

ESIEE PARIS
Cit=E9 Descartes / BP 99
93162 NOISY-LE-GRAND Cedex
http://www.esiee.fr <http://www.esiee.fr/>;