Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:44:21 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Maurice <mauduro@gmail.com>
Cc:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: install of xfce4 from ports collection on FreeBSD 6.1 failed - Maurice

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:20:18AM -0700, Maurice wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When installing xfce4 on a fairly clean install of FreeBSD 6.1, it errored
> out with the following:
>

> checking pkg-config files for X11 are available... yes
> checking for LIBDRM... configure: error: Package requirements (libdrm >=
> 2.4.3) were not met:
>
> Requested 'libdrm >= 2.4.3' but version of libdrm is 2.0

That seems very clear to me.  You have libdrm 2.0 installed, but xfce4 (or
one of its dependencies most likely) requires libdrm 2.4.3 or later.

You will need to update libdrm first.

(You should probably consider updating all of your installed ports/packages.
 Having some of the installed ports/packages compiled from an old ports tree
 and some of them compiled from a newer version of the ports tree is
 generally not a good idea.  Things can break in strange ways if you mix
 versions that way.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson