Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 2020 19:10:08 -0300
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Lucas_Nali_de_Magalh=C3=A3es?= <rollingbits@gmail.com>
To:        Carlo Strub <cs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  Odd ssh sessions

=EF=BB=BF
> On Jun 12, 2020, at 3:23 AM, Carlo Strub <cs@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 5 Jun 2020, 20:48 Lucas Nali de Magalh=C3=A3es, <rollingbits@gmai=
l.com> wrote:
>>  On Jun 5, 2020, at 3:45 PM, Lucas Nali de Magalh=C3=A3es <rollingbits@gm=
ail.com> wrote:
>>>=20
>>>  I've an old machine where I play with FreeBSD and after a while off, I c=
ame back and noted that
>>> sometimes when I enter an ssh session part of the text repeats. It can b=
e many lines or it can be
>>> just one or even it can be none. So it also looks like I found a memory p=
roblem. Is it just me?
>> And I'm going from FreeBSD 12.1-p3 to 12.1-p5 in this case.

> =EF=BB=BFCan you elaborate on what steps you are doing to get to such a st=
ate?

I wrote in the hope it was somewhat easy, sorry. I've difficulty in reproduc=
ing it myself. Network is not
very reliable in it and I first though it was the WiFi but I observed it ove=
r Ethernet IPv6, too. My sessions
have some "host not found"  and "connection lost." I access from a Windows 1=
0 machine. I've no idea if
the things are related or not. I hope it have no relation with my typos. Tod=
ay it was stable and I tried to
use the sftp but Windows (for the first time) tried to resolve the IPv6 addr=
ess and didn't find the host.
The next ssh sessions had the line duplication problem. It's a 32bit Intel C=
eleron M notebook used for
experimentation with customized FreeBSD (with make.conf and src.conf).

--=20
rollingbits =E2=80=94 =F0=9F=93=A7 rollingbits@gmail.com =F0=9F=93=A7 rollin=
gbits@terra.com.br=20
=F0=9F=93=A7 rollingbits@yahoo.com =F0=9F=93=A7 rollingbits@globo.com =F0=9F=