Date:      Sat, 4 Jun 2005 21:05:14 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6vesd=E1n_G=E1bor?= <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Securelevel 2 VS OpenNTPd

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 08:08:04PM +0200, K=F6vesd=E1n G=E1bor wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I'm about to use ntpd to synchronise my server's clock to a time server=
=20
> and also provide time server, but I use securelevel 2 that denies to=20
> change the system time with a step greater than 1s. So, I'm afraid it=20
> could work with securelevel 2. Is there any method to get them work with=
=20
> each other?

ntpd normally changes time in steps much smaller than 1s.  The exception
is at boottime where it might be necessary to make a large change, but
this normally happens before the securelevel is raised.

In short, there shouldn't be any problems.

--=20
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013@student.uu.se