Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:03:54 +0200
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell D600 odds-n-ends

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 04:31:33PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com> writes:
> > Hibernate mode?
>
> Should work in theory if you have a hibernate partition.  I blew mine
> away on install (if I ever had one - Windows doesn't need it, so it's
> quite possible that it wasn't set up to begin with)

or a hibernation file on the first fat16 or fat 32 slice. if you want to
keep windows for the occasional firmware upgrade, you may want to convert
the windwos filesystem from ntfs to fat32 and then put a hibernation file
on there.

> > Secondary battery/DVD swapping - no worky (doesn't find the new
> > device, crashes, etc)

this worked some time ago on my thinkpad. i had to atacontrol detach first,
then swap drive for battery. may be worth a try. if it doesn't work, you
can also try the following chain of actions and permutations thereof:
  (detach), swap, suspend, resume, (attach)
of course attaching and detaching the battery doesn't make sense, so you
leave out these when necessary.

cheers, t.