Date:      Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:05:39 -0500
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
To:        FreeBSD-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   howto flash me?

OK, I'm convinced now that we have no acceptable solution to get a
current flash player working under FreeBSD.  I have here in the same
room with me a Gentoo box, and I see from their package system that
there are at least two different paths for getting flash working.  One's
the Adobe Flash player.  Anyone knkow why that won't work under FreeBSD
on Linux browser?

Second option is either a gpl flash library called GPL flash (not a long
stretch for naming, is it?)  There are even some tracks to go to get
some Adobe soource code.

All I want here is hints, if anyone knows that one particular path might
be easier for porting than another, or possibly more compatible, or for
any reason a better platform for me to take on as a project, I'd really
appreciate a hint, because while I can port stuff ok, I've never been
all that plugged into the world of web applications, and I probably
don't know many things about web apps that you probably consider as
obvious.  So, I'll take on the porting job if you can just dredge up any
hints you have heard, cause i don't want to waste time on running up
blind alleys.

Thanks.  I'll begin porting tomorrow, you have that long.