Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:04:22 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Iasen Kostov <tbyte@OTEL.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em(4) VLAN + PROMISC still doesn't work with latest CVS version

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Iasen Kostov wrote:

> The patch generates .rej against this version:
>
> /*$FreeBSD: src/sys/dev/em/if_em.c,v 1.44.2.4 2004/11/23 22:28:40
> rwatson Exp $*/
<snip>
> should I use the version from -CURRENT or it is possible (adjusted
> patch) to work with this one ?

Odd.  I successfully applied the patch against RELENG_5 here before
sending it out, and against the same revision.  Could you try deleting
if_em, re-updating, and re-applying?  The change to remove the busdma map
deletion is needed because in the patched version, those failures occur
before the mapping is allocated.  There was a revision of if_em after
initial attempts to fix the problem that didn't properly free the
mappings, but I think it was the .3 revision in RELENG_5.  One might
expect the new patch to reject against that older revision because the
deletions had not yet been inserted (so to speak).

robert@fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research