Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:51:33 -0500
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@magnesium.net>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnomevfs2 and gnomevfs-extras

okay, i'm seeing a problem in my latest 2.5 build, and i am only on a
quick break between classes so i cannot investigate. but, here's the
deal (this is from a 2.5 system, but it might be true of a 2.4 system
too):

gnome2-power-tools depends upon libsmb.so, to be installed as part of
gnomevfs-extras. on my latest run, gnomevfs-extras never got installed.

turns out gnomevfs2 built (and i assume installed) a libsmb.so. i don't
know if gnomevfs-extras also builds one and it conflicts, or what.

1) does gnomevfs2 install libsmb.so?
2) does gnomevfs-extras install libsmb.so?
3) should gnome2-power-tools depend upon something else?
4) does gnomevfs2 conflict with gnomevfs-extras?
5) is this also a problem in 2.4?
6) heheheehe "feebsd" ::D gg

# Adam

--