Date:      Mon, 1 May 2006 17:39:02 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Paul Allen <nospam@ugcs.caltech.edu>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cc can't build 32-bit executables on amd64

понед╕лок 01 травень 2006 17:25, Paul Allen написав:
> This was originally mentioned in amd64/76224 which was closed by obrien
> with the terse remark: "We don't yet support building 32-bit apps on a
> 64-bit system. We only barely support *running* them at this point."

I may be missing something huge, but, it seems to me, that my little patch is
sufficient to point cc to the right direction. With it I can create 32-bit
executables. Thus created lame, for example (from the audio/lame port) works
and happily converts mp3 files (using assembler-optimized routines available
only for 32-bit i386).

Maybe, there was more to it, when the amd64/76224 was closed, but there is so
little now... It may still not work for something trickier, but, I think, I
offer an improvement...

	-mi