Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 1995 10:31:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, terry@lambert.org, wollman@lcs.mit.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel versions and config's rm -rf

> On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:
>
> > It seems that Rodney W. Grimes said:
> > > Make that three old farts in agreement :-)...
> >
> > Hey, I'm 28. May I qualify please ? :-)
>
> 	no way, you got to be over 30 and understand the monty python
> reference 'every byte is sacred' (used by comms people)

The qualification criteria I usually use for classifying someone as
an ``old fart'' in the computer science field is that they studied
coincidence current magnetic storage technology while attending school
(for those in the newer age, this is known as ``core'' memory :-)).

This generally places the age bracket around 30 to 40 years depending on
how early the person started to study computers in there life.  It pretty
much rules out anyone under the age of thirty, so your criteria holds :-).