Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:51:53 +0900
From:      UEBAYASHI Masao <masao@nf.enveng.titech.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Newbies First Aid Kit

>     With FreeBSD, I feel like I'm talking to professors.  If I ask a
> professor about something, she (or he) will want to know whether I have done
> the reading first.  If not, she's got no time for me.  I bought a used 486
[...]

The thing I am recently considering is, that we have a list ``for''
newbies does not alway mean that we will cater for newbies. I
recognize its list as only a milestone for them, that is, by it, they
should know what to do, how to learn, and how to live with our
community. This is not immediate help. If they get a reply of only a
line of ``see foo(1)'' in for-newbies-list, they may think it as it
is. I personally think they are less disappointed than we think,
because there is the place for newbies. They can know a fault of their
question is not due to their ignorance about FreeBSD at least.

Any comments appreciated! :)

Masao

---

  ``My economic life -- never in the realms of economics.''

U E   BAYASHI