Date:      Thu, 20 May 2004 07:52:29 +0930
From:      "Eric Parsonage" <eric@eparsonage.com>
To:        <orm.hager@sercon.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Antwort: HELP FBSD WONT BOOT Toshiba Satelite A30

To All those that replied thanks.

Some have asked if I have used a boot manager. Unfortunately I am not =
even at that stage I havent managed to boot from the CD and do an =
install. Some asked if I tried booting without ACPI  and yes I have =
tried all of the prompts.

To Orm in particular

I have been using FBSD for about 4 years and never had to use the loader =
prompt until now so I probably have done this wrong.

I entered the loader prompt  and typed=20

>>set hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=3D"1"=20

then I typed=20

boot and I got the same result the machine hung then after a few seconds =
rebooted. I suspect it has something to do with ACPI since it says=20

/boot/kernel/acpi.ko text=3D0x3f088 data=3D (then some more numbers I =
cant read before it reboots

Any more suggestions would be most welcome

Eric=20