Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2003 17:41:26 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        Nigel Weeks <nigel@e-easy.com.au>, "Freebsd-Ports (E-mail)" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Changing default dependency build method

--x4pBfXISqBoDm8sr

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 09:34:34AM +0200, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:
> On Wed 2003-01-08 (09:57), Nigel Weeks wrote:
> > This may have been solved before, but I can't find an answer anywhere.
> >=20
> > I'd like to know if it's possible to 'make package' all dependencies of=
> > port, rather than 'make install'
> >=20
> > With an empty /usr/local, and nothing installed, it'd be nice to create
> > every package tarball required for a port(i.e. koffice), so rolling it =
out
> > to the other 50 machines on the network is quicker.
>=20
> Try DEPENDS_TARGET=3Dpackage ?

I personally have had the following in my /etc/make.conf file for a
couple of months now:

=2Eif !defined(NOPKGSTASH)
DEPENDS_TARGET=3D		install package clean
FORCE_PACKAGE=3D		yes
=2Eendif

=2E.and it works fine :)

In addition, take a look at the pkg-list and pkg-stash scripts that I
just committed in the ports/Tools/pkg-stash/ directory; while they could
use some more documentation, I find them quite handy for keeping
ready-built packages of all the software installed on my systems that
may be used for rescue activities if something should go wrong.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
If the meanings of 'true' and 'false' were switched, then this sentence wou=
ldn't be false.

--x4pBfXISqBoDm8sr

--x4pBfXISqBoDm8sr--