Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:13:34 +0100
From:      "Oliver Blasnik" <ob@omnilink.net>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Subject:   Re: Again: CRD-Raid-Controller and FreeBSD 3.x

I asked after several problems:

Justin wrote:
> The timeout should be 60 seconds.  That is a veritable eternity for
> a disk, especially since we do issue ordered tagged commads from
> time to time to ensure that no tag starvation occurs on the device.
Ok, 60 seconds should be enough :)

> One thing you could try doing is limiting the number of tags we
> attempt to use.  Take a look at the quirk entries for the Quantum
> Atlas drives in cam_xpt.c for details.
I just checked out the datasheet-pdf of that 5440 at cmd.com. They write
something about 32 commands-cache per host. Possibly they do mean tagq. Btw, I
can en/disable tagged queuing at controller-level, but not set the size of the
queue.

That brings me to the question -> how much tagq's are default with that
freebsd-drivers? If it's more than 32, a nice PR should be transmitted with
including that CMD-Controllers to cam_xpt.c's list.

> Did you try contacting CRD's technical support?
Not yet, it's Sunday and I am @home...

Cu, Oliver