Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 18:03:45 +0800
From:      Christopher Hall <hsw@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   email and /var

When freshly installed, Sysinstall creates just a small /var partition

Incoming mail is delivered to /var/mail and I suspect this will soon
fill up.

I was thinking of doing One of the following, after adding a new disk.

a. split the disk into two partitions one for /var/mail,
   the other for /var/spool/mqueue
b. just mount the new disk on /var (copying the old var data to it first)
c. mount the disk some where else and use symbolic links for
   /var/mail and /var/spool/mqueue to the new disk.

I tend to favour 'c', but just decided to ask in case some one has a better
suggestion of ther is some problem in using symbolic links like this.

thanks for any info.

---
Christopher Hall <c.hall@computer.org>