Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 1997 13:27:40 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Ayres" <"JeffAyres@worldnet.att.net@JeffAyres"@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: downloading freebsd

>Hello,
>	I have many attempts accessing the ftp files at ftp.freebsd.org.
>It requests a login id and password, using anonymous as my login id did
>not gain access to the files.  Could you send the correct user id and
>password to JeffAyres@worldnet.att.net.  The files I'm trying to access
>are the fil;es pertaining to the UNIX clone OS.

   Can you be more specific about what happens when you log in?

[implode:dg] ftp ftp.freebsd.org
Connected to wcarchive.cdrom.com.
220 wcarchive.cdrom.com FTP server (Version DG-1.0.100 Wed Jan 22 23:37:05 PST 1997) ready.
Name (ftp.freebsd.org:dg): anonymous
331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password: (where I typed "dg@root.com")
230-Welcome to wcarchive - home ftp site for Walnut Creek CDROM.
230-There are currently 1244 users out of 1500 possible.

-DG

David Greenman