Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 05:36:38 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Cc:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, kbyanc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Can't resolve hosts via dns on the command line with latest -current

On 2002-11-04 01:16, Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp> wrote:
> I have the same problem and reverting rev. 1.134 of
> /sys/kern/uipc_socket.c fixes the problem.
> The change might have something wrong with a loopback interface.

True.  I had been seeing problems with network connections the last
days, and was already in the process of backing out changes one by one
when I saw this.  Reverting 1.134 fixes things here.  If I put it back
in, strange DNS failures start causing troubles with almost everything
(including Sendmail, fetchmail, ssh).

Giorgos.