Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 2016 00:28:11 +1100
From:      Anil Gulati <gulati.au@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What are the criteria for contributing to development and testing?

Thanks Jose, Niclas and Arto, that certainly feels like a warm welcome to
me.

Note that it seems Ubuntu 15.10 as well as Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS now have 6th
Gen Intel Skylake support.
http://blog.system76.com/post/139563632868/ubuntu-1404-lts-now-available-for-skylake
http://news.softpedia.com/news/ubuntu-14-04-4-lts-now-available-on-system76-s-intel-skylake-pcs-500623.shtml

I take it unless I get a Haswell chip I won't be able to be of any help?

I gather Broadwell "had problems" and was a short-lived chipset but
apparently we have to work through Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake in order.