Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 23:50:21 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Justin Giles-Clark <J.GilesClark@dpac.tas.gov.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device driver problem with 2.2.6 upgrade

Justin Giles-Clark wrote:

> G'day All,
>
>         I am attempting to upgrade my 2.2.5 FreeBSD server to 2.2.6 and are
> experiencing the following problem:
>
> - Boots from 2.2.6 floppy OK.
>
> - Kernel config and device recognition OK.
>
> - Upgrade option selected, re-disk labelling is OK.
>
> - When it attempts to mount the CD (/dev/matcd0c)

	A fix for what I hope is your problem was committed either yesterday or
today. Try the very latest version of the boot floppy on ftp.freebsd.org
and please report back whether that works for you.

Good luck,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet