Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:45:03 -0500
From:      Rod Person <roddierod@yahoo.com>
To:        Eric Long <eric@metrotv.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Audio Conversion Utility Suggestions

It was Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:29:18 -0600 when I read this:

> Looking for a command-line based utility that will convert any (well,
> the
> most popular types) audio file formats to mp3 format.  Any suggestions?
> Ideally, I would like to be able to convert an audio file to mp3 without
> knowing what the bitrate, khz, stereo, and file type is, just would like
> the
> utility to convert it automatically to mp3.

I have been using bladeenc. if the files are the correct format with correct header you don't need the bit rates and such. But if they do have incomplete headers bladeenc can convert them if you supply the correct bit rates and such. It very powerful, you should look at that. Hell I was even thinking of writing a GUI for it in gtk.

roddierod@yahoo.com

"I'm a character in a world gone wrong!"
	- Entombed - Returning to Madness