Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:45:41 +1000
From:      "Don Hansford" <donh@halenet.com.au>
Cc:        <newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: it just goes on and on.......

I am rapidly becoming disgusted with the attitude of some of the people
replying to this fellows' plea for help.
The guy has made a move to use the system we all think is worth the effort
(otherwise we wouldn't be here!) and the best advice you can offer is"I
think the solution would be to use winNT"!?
There were times when I first started using this OS when I thought about
asking for help from this forum. Seeing your answers, I'm bloody glad I
didn't, or I'd probably be using Linux by now. (Not that I have anything
against it, some of my best friends use it.)
Your attitude has really got to be the pits. I have seen Windoze "experts"
treat newbies better!
I am on this mailing list because I think that after 6 weeks with this OS, I
am still a newbie. I have been working with computers (for a living) for
over 12 years, but this FreeBSD is entirely new to me. With my previous
experience, I can often work my way around things. But one thing I have
learnt in this life is that two heads are better than one, as long as one of
them isn't swollen with its' own importance.
Either post something helpful, or don't post at all.
Regards
Igor

Double your drive space - delete Windows!