Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 17:44:59 -0700
From:      Joey Garcia <jbgarcia@inreach.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP: I give up! (No host found messages)

	Okay, I've read the fAQ and I've read the Handbook.  Actually, I used the
handbook to help set up ppp.  I followed the instructions.  I edited the
ppp.conf file as it said I should (I think).  I edited the hosts file as I
should (I think).  I edited other files as I should (I think).  Mind you I
followed the instructions in the handbook for dynamic ip.  Now it seems as
thought it dials, starts communicating and then in a short time it hangs
up.  Only once had I had connection long enough to telnet successfully into
ea.uci.edu then it closed.  Once I had 9% of Lynx downloaded untill the
connection was closed.  Now all I get is HOST NOT FOUND or UKNOWN HOST or
some sort of message like that.  I just want to simply dial in a ppp
connection to Inreach and run sum internet software.  Maybe I screwed up by
naming my computer mustang.ford.com (I love Mustangs <G>).  I wish I could
show you exactly what I have in the files but I can't even mount my dos
partition /dev/wd0s1 (I think).  I tells me something about Super Block
(?).  Anyways, can someone give me a clue to how to do the ppp stuff? Maybe
some example of how to connect to an isp or something.  Please.  Thanks.

							Bear