Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 17:07:43 -0700
From:      gkshenaut@ucdavis.edu
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/12423: the graphviz port is broken and out of date

>Number:         12423
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       the graphviz port is broken and out of date
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	Pentium running full vanilla 3.2-release with complete x
	src distribution.

	The graphviz port requires that a file be fetched manually
	after registering.  the distribution that the port is based on
	is graphviz_1_21.src.unix.tgz, but the most recent version is
	graphviz_1_4.src.unix.tgz.  I fetched the 1.21 file, and some
	of it compiled, but the "lefty" program fails to compile because
	the file "g.h", which is part of it, includes a number of nonexistent
	files, for example <X11/Instrinsics.h>, <X11/Stringdefs.h>, and
	a bunch of files under Xaw: <X11/Xaw/Viewport.h> and so on.  If
	there is a port that contains these files, then it should be a
	dependency of graphviz, I think.  Anyway, I don't know where to
	get the missing include files.

	I also downloaded the 1.4 version, and found that its g.h includes
	the same bunch of nonexistent files.  However, by using the freebsd.i386
	"makearch" file from the port, and tweaking the Config.mk file,
	I was able to get the libraries and the "neato" command, which
	is the only one I absolutely require at present, to compile.

>How-To-Repeat:

	[manually put graphviz_1_21.src.unix.tgz into /usr/ports/distfiles]
	cd /usr/ports/graphics/graphviz ; make

>Fix:

	???