Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 1996 22:31:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Ravis Tasakorn <gc727305@netserv.chula.ac.th>, Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virus checking

On Sat, 2 Mar 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Dear All
> >
> >  I've just count myself to subscriber of freebsd-hackers-digest and wonna
> > join you , Is this the way to treat new member ? Ah! :-(
>
> I've informed Ravis that he simply has the wrong place (and filled him
> in a bit on the Romanian post we got just 2 days before, which
> triggered my response).  I've also told him that we're not a Windows
> group, we don't run Windows and Windows related questions will be
> appropriately ignored.
>
> On another note, would you believe that some people have written me to
> ask about the MAILBOMBER virus?  Apparently a number of people, including
> a friend of mine, whom I formerly considered to be quite intelligent (:-),
> thought it was REAL.. :-)

Last year, folks at University of Maryland's daily newspaper thought it
was real, and printed a warning on page 1.  I think this comes around
vaguely in sync with flu epidemics.

> 					Jordan

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

Three Accounts for the Super-users in the sky,
  Seven for the Operators in their halls of fame,
Nine for Ordinary Users doomed to crie,
  One for the Illegal Cracker with his evil game
In the Domains of Internet where the data lie.
  One Account to rule them all, One Account to watch them,
  One Account to make them all and in the network bind them.