Date:      Thu, 06 Nov 97 12:41:08 -0800
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Varshavchick Alexander" <alex@metrocom.ru>
Subject:   Re: 3C905 Ethernet card

On Thu, 06 Nov 1997 16:04:11 +0300, Varshavchick Alexander wrote:

>Would you please tell whether the 3C905 ethernet card can be used under
>FreeBSD and if so where the 3C905 driver can be found?

	I have and use a 3c905B TPO and it works ok.  The driver is ep0.
Make sure you know the IRQ and I/O address if yours is not on the defaults
of 10 and 300 respectively.  OTOH, it's generally accepted that 3com is
about the worst kind of nic you can use with freebsd (I didn't have a
choice).  You might want to check the hardware recommendations on
www.freebsd.org.

Good luck,

Doug

*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the  world's largest
*** Internet Relay Chat server. 4,168 clients and still growing. :-)
*** Try spider.dal.net on ports 6662-4    (Powered by FreeBSD)
***		Part of the DALnet IRC network		***