Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:27:27 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is a working flac audio media player?

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 2:15 PM, Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What audio player are folks using to play flac files? I have been using vlc
> for some time but on my 12-current system when I updated to the latest head
> code for both the system and ports and rebuilt everything I could no longer
> get vlc to display/use X11 for its display (strictly command level). Here
> is
> the uname -a for my system:
>
> FreeBSD tavion.austin.ibm.com 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #6
> r336172: Tue Jul 10 13:24:20 CDT 2018     bob@tavion.austin.ibm.com:/
> usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/TAVION  amd64
>
> I was wondering what other ports do we have that have functionality
> similar to
> vlc. I've scanned through the multimedia directory at the ports in there
> but
> there are alot of them and I was hoping someone could make a
> recommendation(s)
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
>
> --
> Bob Willcox    | Isn't air travel wonderful?
> bob@immure.com | Breakfast in London, dinner in New York,
> Austin, TX     | luggage in Brazil.

I use multimedia/mpv. It's my standard media player and support flac. (It
seems to support most everything. The list of supported audio codecs runs
about 178 lines plus about 230 video codecs, though some multiple
implementations of several. Many are very old and many are proprietary and
very little used.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com