Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:17:01 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN ``SABME'' event ?

From the keyboard of Brian Somers:

> I've got a machine that occasionally loses it's ISDN
> connection in such a way that I need to kill and
> restart isdnd to get things to work again.
>
> Is this ``SABME'' event something unusual ?  Should
> isdnd/i4b recover ok from it ?

> Jan  4 09:35:41 gate /kernel: i4b-L2-i4b_mdl_error_ind: unit = 0, location = F_MF07
> Jan  4 09:35:41 gate /kernel: i4b-L2-i4b_mdl_error_ind: error = MDL_ERR_F: peer initiated re-establishment - SABME

This is some sort of layer 2 error recovery which might not function since
i never had the chance to test it.

On the other hand it might be a bug or malfunction in the exchange or PBX
you are connected to.

SABME is used to setup a layer 2 connection and this error says that an SABME
was received while the connection is already there.

Since you can obviously reproduce it, perhaps you can try fix it ? :-)))

You'll find all the details about this in the ETS 300 125 available free of
charge from www.etsi.org.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77