Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:29:54 -0600
From:      Steven Farmer <steve@megahack.com>
To:        Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Should /sbin/mount_smbfs be static?

    Chris> Have you looked at src/sbin/mount_smbfs/Makefile?  In
    Chris> particular:

Ah, it's intentional then.  I should obviously pay closer attention,
because this one took me by surprise.  Please correct me if I'm
mistaken, but it appears that we now have a _dynamically linked program_
in /sbin, and this same program can't be statically linked so that it
can use an LGPL'ed library from _ports_.  Do I have this right?

Eeeeuuuwww.

Steve